Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A tutorial: How to crochet a heart!

Hello Everyone,
So, yesterday on my blog I was saying how I'd like to do some kind of tutorial. Well, today I decided I'd like to try to do one, so here it goes. Today I'd like to teach you guys how to make a really cute heart for your crocheted projects! This pattern is super duper easy, and can be done by any skill level of crochet!

For my beginners, I put pictures of every step that I did, and directions on how to double and triple crochet. And for my well seasoned crocheters, I put the pattern with no pictures at the bottom. :-) Y'all enjoy!


Crochet Heart Pattern:

*To start off you need any size crochet hook depending on the project you work on you can make the heart big or small. Just remember the bigger the hook, the bigger the heart. The smaller the hook, the smaller the heart.
*scissors
*needle
*And of course some yarn.  

I am using Red Heart yarn in red.  And I'll be working with a G/6-4.25 Hook

                                           To start off make a slip stitch, then chain 4:


Do 3 Triple Crochets in the last chain:


Here's How to Triple Crochet:

Yarn over the hook twice, then insert the hook into the next stitch,
Yarn over the hook and draw the yarn through the stitch (There are four loops on your hook),
Loop yarn over the hook, and draw through two loops (There are now three loops remaining on the hook),
Yarn over hook and draw through two loops,
Again, loop yarn over hook and draw through the last two loops on the hook (There is now one look remaining.)
This completes one treble crochet!!


 Then do 3 Double Crochets:

How to Double Crochet:

Yarn over the hook,
Insert the hook into the center stitch,
Yarn over, (you should have three loops on your hook) then pull through two loops,
Yarn over again, then pull through the last two loops.


 Ch 1:

1 Triple Crochet


 Ch 1:





3 Double Crochets:




3 Triple Crochets:



 Chain 3:





 Then join with slip stitch!


                                               



Ta-Dah! You've just made your first heart!!



How easy was that? After you're done, you can put these adorable little hearts on any crochet projects you make! So, now you know how to crochet a heart, too!!

 Heart pattern (without the pictures):
Ch 4, 3 triple crochet in 1st ch,
3 dc, ch 1, 1 triple crochet, Ch 1 (This is the point of the heart),
2 dc, 3 triple crochets, ch 3 sl. st.

I hope you guys really enjoyed my tutorial! Please post a picture of your heart you made on my blog because I would love to see it!! I'd also like to hear any comments you have on my tutorial! If you have any questions about this heart email me at Onestitchatatime2014@gmail.com and I would be happy to help you!

Until next time...

Happy Crocheting!!,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment